Last weekend we were fortunate enough to get away from it all and bask in the Christmas spirit of Gruene, TX. Not only is Gruene our favorite little getaway, but there’s always so much to see and do. We were able to enjoyed the Christmas festivities including:
- watch the Pony Express ride into town
- shop at the Ole Gruene Christmas Trade Market
- hear Christmas carols for a local choir
- and my favorite, witness Kris Kringle light up the town
Gruene already holds a special place in my heart, and when you combine that love with the spirit of Christmas, it became a magical vacation.
I would definitely recommend Gruene to anyone who hasn’t been. Even if you can’t make it for a special holiday event, this special little town is chock full of love and adventure.
Check out some of our favorites when you plan you visit!
- Check in to Gruene River Inn for fabulous service, rustic decor, jacuzzi tubs, and unbeatable river views
- Dance at Gruene Hall (this is mandatory)
- Grab a pizza and listen to some music at Infernos Pizza
- Have a Batman and Robin at Mozies while you snack on their amazing garlic fries
- Shop shop shop!
- Sample some wine at the Grapevine (try the blackberry)
- Shop at the Gruene Olive and sample their innovative oil and vinegar blends
- Share apps or have dinner at The Gruene River Grill
- And finish the night enjoying free music at the outdoor venue Oma’s Secret Garden (recently renovated)
I hope you fall in love with Gruene just like me and my Bearded One ❤️